The Burnaby Festival of Learning is a multi-day festival of lifelong learning taking place in venues throughout Burnaby (including BCIT!)
From May 5th – 9th there are five full days of thought-provoking community-led events and programming.
There’s truly something for everyone and all events are free!
BCIT workshops include:
- Universal Design for Learning
- Showcasing Sustainability & Energy Features in BCIT’s New Health Sciences Building
- 3D Scanning and Extended Reality (XR)
- Guichon Creek Tour
- Mastodon: A New Way to Network
- Take a Foraging Tour Through BCIT’s Edible Gardens
- Creating Avatars with Photoshop
- Buds, Branches and Bark: a Guide to Winter Identification in the Pacific NorthWest, A BCIT OER Textbook
- Guichon Creek Nature Meditation Session
Just a few of the other great sessions being offerered by other Festival partners:
- How to Keep Earth Cool: A Climate Solutions Modelling Workshop
- Invasive Species Basket Weaving
- Disability Awareness Workshop
- Nature Without Borders – The Wondrous Migration of Monarch Butterflies
- 15 Minute Neighbourhoods – Co-creating Connected Communities
Check out all the events here: https://festivaloflearning.ca/events/
All events are free, but many require registration!