Nominations for the Employee Excellence Awards 2023 are now open.
The recipient will be awarded $1,000. Nominations are OPEN until March 1, 2023.
Teaching Excellence in Open Education Award Criteria
The award recognizes teaching excellence in open education by meeting one or more of the following during the past year (April through March):
- Improves teaching efficiency and effectiveness through using, augmenting, and evolving OER course materials aligned to course learning outcomes.
- Develops Open Educational Resources (OER) to share with colleagues, enhance student-learning opportunities, and reduce barriers to education.
- Uses Open Educational Practices (OEP) for learning, teaching, and assessment while challenging, supporting, and inspiring students to do their best work.
- Demonstrates creativity and passion in delivering educational experiences that expand student reach and influence beyond the classroom by providing opportunities for students to collaborate and openly share their work with the wider community.
- Displays creative and competent use of educational technology to enhance learning experiences with OER and OEP
- Demonstrates knowledge of and passion for open education and the benefits it brings to learning and teaching while contributing to the ongoing work to make the global open education movement inclusive and fair.
- Works collaboratively with BCIT colleagues and students on open education initiatives, aimed at integrating Open Educational Practices into teaching and learning.
- Acts as a valuable resource for students, colleagues, and BCIT by sharing open education knowledge and promoting and encouraging the development and use of OER and OEP.
- Participates beyond BCIT in open education initiatives such as sharing OER, contributing to OE committees/communities of practice, and pursuing or providing PD opportunities in open education
Julia Alards-Tomalin was the 2022 inaugural Teaching Excellence in Open Education recipient.
Leave a Reply