AskAway Hours of Service
Monday-Thursday: 9am – 9pm
Friday: 9am – 5pm
Saturday: 11am – 5pm
Sunday: 10am – 9pm
BCIT Librarians will be Online
Tuesday: 2-3pm, 6-7pm, 7-8pm
Thursday: 10-11am, 3-4pm
AskAway will be closed on the following Stat Holidays
Monday, May 23
Friday, July 1
Section 3 Service Closes: Sunday, July 3, 2022
Some of the questions asked on AskAway in March 2022
- I am an instructor in School of Business, PTS and I have an article posted to my course that doesn’t seem to be available now.
- Hello, I was hoping to get some helping looking for company profile information
- I am wondering if there are resources available for proof reading papers
- Hey, I have a question about how to reference an online module through the BCIT D2L platform with APA
- I’m a new student at BCIT and need information on my books for my course
- Hello, I am a BCIT student and would like access to this article, but it is not available in our library
- Good morning! I am trying to access Statista off campus on my BCIT laptop but can’t see how to login, can you help?
- Hi, I’m writing a paper on micro-credentials and digital badges and I’m looking for papers that talk about the motivational aspect of them.
- hi, I’m looking for an electrical tutor level 2, hopefully 1:1
BCIT AskAway Chat with A Librarian Service
Our Students Can Get Help Online with:
- using the library
- finding materials
- journal databases
- troubleshooting access to Library materials
- other library topics
Link to BCIT AskAway Chat: https://www.bcit.ca/library/askalibrarian.shtml
AskAway is a chat reference service for BC’s post-secondary institutions.
AskAway sessions are in real-time, and are staffed by Librarians and Library Technicians from post-secondary institutions in B.C.
Summer Services Opens Monday July 4 – Friday Aug 12, 2022.
BCIT Librarians will be online:
Monday: 9-10am, 4-5pm, 5-6pm