As per President Kathy Kinloch update on space closures Tuesday (March 17th, 2020), all BCIT libraries and the Eh-pod are closed until further notice. Most of the Library Faculty and Staff will be working from home to continue to provide the excellent services you are all accustomed to.
The Library has many online guides created by the Librarians to support the various programs on campus. The guides contain links to relevant resources (online articles, e-books, streaming video) accessible from off-campus:
- listed here by course https://libguides.bcit.ca/?b=s
- listed alphabetically https://libguides.bcit.ca/?b=g&d=a
We have also created a Guide to keep you updated on how the Library is intending to support you during this transition:
Learning Commons is working on trying to find an online platform so that tutoring can continue and our tutors can work from home too. Check for developments here: https://www.bcit.ca/learningcommons/
WriteAway continues to operate during the library closure https://www.writeaway.ca/
- We have moved our in-person Reference Service to an online chat service for our Students, Faculty and Staff. BCIT Librarians will be answering questions from 9am-6pm Monday-Friday until May 15th: https://www.bcit.ca/library/askalibrarian.shtml
- Link to find the Librarian for your programme: https://www.bcit.ca/library/contact/reference/
- We will still monitor our email Address for Reference Questions: email@example.com
- The firstname.lastname@example.org email account is being monitored.
- Interlibrary Services requests can be directed to email@example.com
- For any questions about books or materials you have checked out, and reserves use one of these emails firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- MediaWorks staff are accessible by email: Scott_Watts@bcit.ca, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com