The BCIT Any Book Book Club met for the first time at the Burnaby Campus Library on February 1st.
Everyone who showed up brought at least one title they wanted to talk about, and great conversations ensued about those books, their authors, related books, related topics and the best local second hand bookstores.
Titles discussed ranged from classic literature, to historical fiction, satire, biography, memoir and more. They were books we’ve read, books we are currently reading and even books we plan to read very soon.
Here is a list:
- You Don’t Have to Say You Love Me by Sherman Alexie
- Turn of the Screw by Henry James
- De Profundis by Oscar Wilde
- La Rose by Louise Erdrich
- The Big Fat Surprise: Why Butter, Meat and Cheese Belong in a Healthy Diet by Nina Teicholz
- Elon Musk by Ashlee Vance
- Janesville : An American Story by Amy Goldstein
- The Ghost Orchard by Helen Humphreys
- Crucial Conversations by Kerry Patterson, Joseph Grenny and Ron McMillan
- Late Nights on Air by Elizabeth Hay
- The Best Laid Plans by Terry Fallis
All students, faculty and staff are welcome to join us next time.
We plan to meet Thursday, March 1st, 12:30 – 1:30 at the big comfy couches at the library.