Content, study skills, and writing peer tutors in the Learning Commons are having their best year ever with almost 2800 visits as of spring break – an 8% increase over last year. What are tutees learning? They tell us of the knowledge, skills, and attitudes they developed while working with peer tutors:
- Organization skills – better thought process – more confidence when going into exams
- Good methods on how to balance all my studies
- Became more focused on my work
- Got better and faster at math
- Improved my grades and my work ethic
We are now recruiting for tutors for September 2015. We want to develop just as strong a team of peer tutors next year. Job posting and hiring details are available at bcit.ca/learningcommons.