TAKE 5 - five featured titles available from BCIT Library:
Thinking about going raw, vegetarian or vegan? You can read up on it first with these selections. Or if you’ve already made the switch, these books might provide some new recipes to spice things up.
Eat raw, eat well : 400 raw, vegan and gluten-free recipes
Call #: TX 837 M29 2012
- for novices and experienced raw food eaters this book starts with chapters on “Raw foods know-how” and “Equipping your kitchen” and includes recipes for pancakes, sloppy joes and mac ‘n cheese
Raw food for dummies
Call #: TX 837 S67 2013
- a starter guide, including recipes for those new to the raw food movement. Chapter 22 – Ten reasons to go raw and Chapter 23 – Ten foods best eaten raw – are particularly intriguing.
Raw food cookbook and diet: 75 easy, delicious and flexible recipes for a raw food diet
Call #: TX 830 R39 2013
- not only recipes but also information about making the transition to a raw diet, the benefits of eating raw, and tips on stocking your kitchen for a raw diet.
Appetite for reduction: 125 fast and filling low-fat vegan recipes
Call #: TX 837 M744 2011
- “not your mother’s low-fat cookbook” – plant based recipes for barbeque, lasagna, curries, stews and more!
Quick-fix vegan: healthy, homestyle meals in 30 minutes or less
Call #: TX 837 R62497 2011
- starters, snacks, salads, sauces, sandwiches, pastas, soups, and desserts that can all be prepared in 30 minutes or less
Leave a Reply