As many of you will have heard, the Provincial Health Officer announced that proof of vaccination is required for many non-essential services. We understand this will be a significant change affecting many people in our community and so, we wanted to explain how this will apply to some activities and places on BCIT campuses.
As of September 13, students, faculty, and staff will be required to show proof of vaccination to gain entry into the following services. Effective, September 27, the only acceptable proof of vaccination in British Columbia is the BC Vaccine Card.
- Pubs on BCIT Campuses
- BCIT Recreation Services, including all fitness centres, gym, and exercise facilities/studios
- BCIT Student Clubs
What to know about the BC proof of vaccination?
- As of September 13, one dose of vaccine will be required to access the above services.
- By October 24, entry to these settings will require people to be fully vaccinated at least seven days following the second dose.
- Proof of vaccination is already in place for on-campus student housing.
Get your proof of vaccination:
BCIT encourages you to download your BC Vaccine Card. You will be required to show your BC Vaccine Card and a piece of valid government photo ID each and every time you enter a facility or to participate in an activity or service as listed above. Examples of valid government photo ID:
- BC driver’s licence or BC Services Card
- Photo ID issued by another province or territory
Please note that the BCIT ID cannot be substituted for valid government photo ID.
Those who were vaccinated outside of Canada must show the proof of vaccination through the BC Vaccine Card.
The BCIT Burnaby Campus vaccination site is open to anyone ages 12+ for drop-in vaccines. If you haven’t been vaccinated yet, or it’s time for your second dose (at least 28 days since your first dose), drop in within our appointment to get your vaccine or find a location near you: fraserhealth.ca/vax.
Thank you for doing your part to keep our community safe.
Director, Safety, Security and Emergency Management