Forensic Specialist-Toxicology (FLI-FSLS-02)
Reference number: RCM17J-017639-000068
Selection process number: 3-16-50-448-1
Royal Canadian Mounted Police (Civilian Members)
Vancouver Region – Other locations (British Columbia)
$60,419 to $92,094
For further information on the organization, please visit Royal Canadian Mounted Police (Civilian Members)
Closing date: 8 May 2017 – 23:59, Pacific Time
Who can apply: Persons residing in Canada and Canadian citizens residing abroad.
- The continuity of exhibit material to maintain the integrity and establish the chain of custody of exhibits;
2. Recording details of exhibit material analyses and comparisons for future reference and for the benefit of the court;
3. Planning, organizing and performing forensic science examinations and analyses;
4. Training understudies and outside agency personnel;
5. Giving expert testimony in court.
Positions to be filled: 1
Information you must provide
You must meet all essential qualifications in order to be appointed to the position. Other qualifications may be a deciding factor in choosing the person to be appointed. Some essential and other qualifications will be assessed through your application. It is your responsibility to provide appropriate examples that illustrate how you meet each qualification. Failing to do so could result in your application being rejected.
In order to be considered, your application must clearly explain how you meet the following (essential qualifications)
1. A 4-year Bachelor of Science (or Quebec Equivalent) degree in Toxicology, Biochemistry, Pharmacy, Pharmacology, or Chemistry, from a recognized Canadian university.
2. Previous successful completion of university courses (graduate or undergraduate) in both in human physiology and pharmacology are required and mandatory.
1. Above average oral and written communication skills.
2. Above average interpersonal skills.
3. Demonstrated ability to plan and organize.
4. Demonstrated effective analytical and problem solving skills.
5. Working knowledge of Quality Assurance and Quality Control measures used in exhibit examinations.
6. Willingness and ability to travel nationally is mandatory.
The following will be applied / assessed at a later date (essential for the job)
Conditions of employment
Reliability Status security clearance – This factor is not used at the pre-selection stage. The Royal Canadian Mounted Police is responsible for the security clearance process.
The candidate must meet the Royal Canadian Mounted Police medical requirements. This factor is not used at the pre-selection stage. The Royal Canadian Mounted Police is responsible for the medical clearance process.
Promotion to FSLS-02 will be dependent upon successful completion of the alcohol or the drug component of the Toxicology Services Specialist understudy training program within the forensic laboratories.
For more information and how to apply, see the full job posting here.