While many BCIT School of Business students relaxed over Spring Break, a group of BCIT Marketing Association Students were in New Orleans competing against top Universities at the American Marketing Association International Collegiate Conference (#amaicc). They were accompanied by Faculty Advisor, Tracey Renzullo.
The BCITMA accomplished so much at the AMA conference this year and won the following awards:
- Marketing Communications student Sarah Westwood came 1st in the very competitive International Sales Competition
- The BCITMA exhibit received 1st place in the Communication of Chapter Activities category. The theme of the conference was Power in Connections, which the exhibit team, led by Katrina Caguioa, communicated through a very popular Stranger Things themed exhibit
- The SABRE team finished 1st in their world and ranked 6th place overall in the SABRE Business Simulation Competition
- The Case Competition team, led by Matt LeBlond and Alexandra Lewis, landed a Semi-Finalist spot in the eBay Case Competition
- BCITMA Chapter President, Dominic Laforest had the pleasure of presenting at the conference on the topic of Community Service to Create Social Impact. Five of the top 10 universities from the previous year were asked to present and the session was moderated by BCIT Faculty Advisor, Tracey Renzullo.
- Faculty Advisor, Tracey Renzullo received an Outstanding Faculty Advisor Award for her contributions to the AMA. Tracey was nominated by the BCITMA Chapter and selected by a panel of AMA student members. Tracey will join the AMA Collegiate Chapters Council beginning April 2017 for a term of three years. Tracey will be the first Council member from a Canadian post secondary institution.
- The BCITMA Chapter was also designated as a Top 5 Chapter! This huge accomplishment was awarded by the Collegiate Chapters Council after reviewing the Chapter plans and annual reports from all Chapters. The BCITMA plans were written by Milad Hedge with the support of all BCITMA Executives. The Top 5 Chapter Award reflects the dedication and efforts of all BCITMA members who worked hard throughout the past year to help make the Chapter as successful as it is!
This wasn’t the first time BCIT has shone at this event. You can read about last year’s efforts here.