Hi Games BTECH students,
We have been contacted by the organizer of XDS, “the only annual international games industry event”, who is looking for volunteers for their event, with the perk of being able to attend the event during downtime. See links and contact information for more details. Although the event isn’t till the fall, you might want to contact them soon if you’re interested. This message has also gone out to other BCIT computing students.
We are in search of energetic student volunteers for various shifts over the course of four days of our conference on Sept 6 (set up day) and Sept 7-9 (3 show days). The event takes place at the Parq Vancouver, and would give your students exposure to professionals and industry knowledge sharing.
The types of people we are looking for include:
- Those with knowledge and interest in the world of videogames
- Friendly, reliable, approachable
- Willing to volunteer at least x2 4 hour shifts during the course of the 3-4 days
The types of roles they will be filling are:
- Event set up – placing signage, assisting exhibitors/sponsors with finding their booth, etc.
- Ambassadors/directional staff – helping attendees find meeting rooms, greeting attendees, etc.
- Check in staff – assisting at Registration during peak times
- Wednesday evening event – way finding and ambassador tasks for new arriving guests
During their downtime, volunteers are welcome to attend the presentations and panel discussions.
Note that we do have COVID health & safety protocols in place that all staff and volunteer must follow. More info here.
Students can email our Volunteer Coordinator, Robert Morrison (email@example.com) with the following information:
Availability between Sept 6-9, 2022
Please include “XDS 2022 Volunteers” in the subject line. We will respond to candidates in order to schedule shift assignments.