The AVA Digital Awards is an international competition administered by the Association of Marketing and Communications Professionals (AMCP) that recognizes outstanding creative professionals responsible for the planning, concept, direction, design, and production of digital communication.
BCIT was recognized alongside 12 notable organizations from across the globe including Atlassian, McKinsey, and Thales.
Fireweed is produced in collaboration with Vancouver-based podcast agency, JAR Audio and is hosted by Bianca Rego, BCIT alumna and award-winning journalist and Producer at 980 CKNW. The series, with its 13 20-minute episodes has two seasons available on all podcast platforms.
Seasons one and two consist of episodes exploring themes such as accessibility, the cannabis industry, career-connected learning, climate change, real estate, sustainability, transportation, and more. Fireweed features compelling guests including:
- Mark Angelo, Founder of World Rivers Day
- Michael Cairns, Architectural Product Representative at Innotech Windows + Doors
- Diosa Femme, Podcast producer, writer, and host of Locatora Radio
- David Leventhal, Founder of Regenerative Travel and Operating Manager at Playa Viva
- Hazrah Moothoo, DiplT, BSc. Research Assistant at BCIT’s Natural Health and Food Products Research Group
- Eric Saczuk, Faculty, Geographic Information Systems Degree at BCIT
- Ryan Straschnitzki, former Humboldt Bronco player and accessibility advocate
- Laura Vail, Senior Director, Student Success at BCIT
Congratulations to the community at BCIT for this international recognition!
About the British Columbia Institute of Technology
For nearly 60 years, the British Columbia Institute of Technology (BCIT) has been delivering flexible, relevant, and future-proof education that prepares learners to provide applied solutions to industry challenges. As one of BC’s largest post-secondary institutes with five campuses, 300+ programs, and over 45,000 students enrolled each year, BCIT connects education, industry, and government in building an agile workforce with sustained and meaningful impact.