Welcome to the Applied Research@BCIT Blog!
Applied Research@BCIT is a space to find funding opportunities, research and project news for the BCIT community. It is published by the Applied Research Liaison Office (ARLO)
Applied research at BCIT creates practical learning opportunities for BCIT’s students, contributes to the high quality of BCIT’s educational programs, provides solutions to industry challenges, creates beneficial partnerships, and produces commercially relevant new technology products and applications.
ARLO supports research at BCIT, providing assistance to:
- Liaise with external agencies and partners
- Identify research funding sources and develop research proposals
- Track and report on Institute research-related data and information
- Provide an interface for researchers to the Institute’s Marketing and Communications Department
- Assess technologies and markets
- Develop and protect intellectual property
- Develop commercialization strategies within BCIT and industry
- Support industry led innovation