I’m pleased to share that as of tomorrow, June 15, British Columbia (BC) will begin Step 2 of the BC Restart Plan. Thanks to the increase in vaccinations (more than 75% of adults in BC have now received their first shot) plus the decline in the number of COVID-19 cases and hospitalizations, the province is ready to progress to the next step of the phased Restart Plan.
Step 2 Guidance
- Indoor visitors of up to five people or one household;
- The BC recreational travel non-essential travel ban will be lifted, however out-of-province non-essential travel advisory continues;
- A maximum of 50 people can gather outdoors for personal gatherings;
- A maximum of 50 people can attend indoor seated organized gatherings (e.g., movie theatres, live theatre, banquet halls) with safety plans in place;
- A maximum of 50 spectators can attend outdoor sports;
- liquor service at restaurants, bars, and pubs will be extended until midnight; and,
- Indoor sports games (no spectators) and high-intensity fitness with safety plans can resume.
The following Public Health Officer (PHO) guidelines remain in place:
- Masks are mandatory in indoor public spaces
- Physical distancing
- Stay home if you’re feeling sick
Thank you for your continued support to keep the BCIT community safe.
Director, Safety, Security and Emergency Management