BCIT is pleased to announce the opening of three student study and break areas for those who are required to be at the Burnaby Campus:
- Effective immediately, the Great Hall (SE2-250) will be open for up to 48 students from 8:00 am to 3:00 pm, Monday – Friday on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Effective immediately, in NE1, cafeteria seating for 17 students in the atrium area and a classroom (NE1-239) with a capacity of up to 25, will open from 7:00 am to 2:00 pm, Monday – Friday on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Effective Tuesday, October 20, study space at the Burnaby Campus Library will be open for up to 45 students from 8:00 am – 3:00 pm, Monday – Friday. Tables must be booked in advance through the Library website.
All areas are set up as individual study and break spaces with:
- individual desks and chairs spaced 2 metres apart;
- barriers for additional safety;
- safety and informational signage;
- hand sanitizer stations at entry points; and
- dedicated staff to clean desks and chairs after each use.
A reminder that you can also access many library services virtually.
Director, Safety, Security and Emergency Management