A new term is beginning! BCIT Student Services is excited to welcome the BCIT community to Fall 2020. In addition to the wealth of important information you’ll receive from your instructors, here are 5 things we think you will find helpful as you dive into your courses and begin or resume life at BCIT:
- Make sure you’re familiar with the BCIT COVID-19 response. It’s important that all members of the BCIT community are familiar with BCIT’s COVID-19 response. Here’s what you need to know:
- Please be sure to complete the COVID-19 Pandemic On-Campus Guidelines course in the Learning Hub, as students will be asked to provide proof of completion while on campus.
- Mask use is strongly recommended in all common areas across BCIT campuses. Learn more, including where to find disposable masks on campus.
- Review the BCIT COVID-19 Go-Forward Plan interactive infographic for a quick overview of the BCIT response.
- Check out the Student Success Hub. This resource will introduce you to BCIT’s Student Services, provide you with strategies to help with motivation, time management, and effective group work, guide you to create your own Personal Action Plan, outline suggestions and opportunities for connecting with your peers, and much more. Check out the Student Success Hub now in BCIT’s online learning platform, the Learning Hub.
- Set up your support network. BCIT offers a wide range of services and supports to students. From health & well-being services and academic supports to recreation opportunities and ways to connect with the community, we have what you need to create a support network that works for you. BCIT’s Student Services are currently being conducted virtually, which means you can access these resources from wherever you are.
- Get to know your online learning environment. Whether your program is being delivered entirely online or in a blended delivery format, you’re going to need to know how to navigate your online learning environment. For an immersive and educational orientation, complete the Learning Hub Guided Tour within the Learning Hub For additional resources and how-to help, check out the student resources from BCIT’s Educational Technology Support.
- Take advantage of financial services. You may be eligible for student loans, bursaries, or other financial awards. If you are in need of financial support, connect with Student Financial Aid & Awards to discuss what options may be available to you.
Let us help you start your term with your best foot forward! Connect with us today to find out how we can support your success: bcit.ca/student-services.
For up-to-date information on COVID-19 response, visit the BCIT COVID-19 Information site.