Driving in to Sparkling Hill Resort for your impromptu weekend getaway in your luxury Avis rental car, you realize the temperature is warmer than you’d thought. It’s not a big deal though because you have packed several new outfits from Mark’s and are ready for any type of weather. No, you’re not yet a billionaire with bottomless resources. You’re a BCIT alum with the BCIT Alumni Perks app.
The BCIT Alumni Association is pleased to announce the launch of the BCIT Alumni Perks app. Exclusively for BCIT graduates, the app gives alumni direct access to offers, discounts, news, events, and contests from partner businesses. The best part? It’s completely free to download.
“We’re thrilled to be the first post-secondary in BC to offer an alumni app,” says Leslie Courchesne, executive director of the BCIT Alumni Association. “It’s an excellent way for us to stay in touch with our alumni, and give them special offers right at their fingertips, no matter where they are.”
The app includes a personalized digital BCIT Alumni ID card, replacing the BCIT Alumni Association’s plastic card program. And revenue from the Perks partners funds alumni programs, student scholarships and bursaries, and other donations to BCIT—so you can feel great about using it.
Enjoy the growing list of offers* in the BCIT Alumni Perks app, including:
- Sparkling Hill Resort & Spa – 40% off the standard rate
- Mark’s – 10% or more off in-store, regular price merchandise
- BCIT School of Business – exclusive travel opportunities
- NEKSA – 50% off a one-year membership to online career tools and support
- Fresh Prep – 75% off your first order
- Royal Ontario Museum – 15% off admission
- Avis and Budget Car Rental – 25% off your next car rental
- Bank of Montreal – BMO® BCIT MasterCard®
- Payworks – 15% off payroll, HR, employee time management and absence management services
- Prospera Credit Union – exclusive financing for BCIT Apprenticeship students
- TD Insurance – preferred rates on home and travel insurance
- iA Financial Group – preferred rates on life, critical illness, and disability insurance
The app also gives alumni access to benefits* at BCIT:
- Discounted admission to BCIT Recreation Services (gym)
- Access to the BCIT Library (physical materials only; online databases are not included)
- An annual $100 credit towards a BCIT Part-time Studies course
Sign up—it’s easy!
- Download the app (search “BCIT Alumni Perks”) from the Google Play Store or the App Store.
- Sign up.
- Confirm your registration when you receive an email from us (within two business days after you signed up), and start enjoying the benefits!
Enter to win $200
Once you’ve downloaded the app and received your registration confirmation, you can enter our contest to win a $200 Mastercard gift card through the app. Select “Contests” on the bottom menu of the app’s home screen and follow the instructions to enter. Deadline to enter: February 27, 2020. Winner will be selected by February 28, 2020.
*Terms and conditions apply. See the BCIT Alumni Perks app for more details on individual offers.