We are Canada Life
Being a part of Canada Life means you have a voice. This is a place where your unique background, perspectives and talents are valued, and shape our future success.
You can be your best here. You’re part of a diverse and inclusive workplace where your career and well-being are championed. You’ll have the opportunity to excel in your way, finding new and better ways to deliver exceptional customer and advisor experiences.
Together, as part of a great team, you’ll deliver on our shared purpose to improve the well-being of Canadians. It’s our driving force. Become part of a strong and successful company that’s trusted by millions of Canadians to do the right thing.
Be your best at Canada Life.
We are looking for an Intelligence Analyst
The Intelligence Analyst – as part of a dynamic team responsible for the Canadian fraud detection activities for Group Insurance Benefits – supports the Fraud Management Team by analyzing data for fraud risk, providing intelligence support to complex fraud investigations, identifying new fraud risks and trends, and supporting management with operational insights. The ideal candidate will be one who uses their strong interpersonal, analytical, and creative abilities when working with our team and other Group Insurance business areas.
What you will do:
- Convert information into detailed and appropriately sourced intelligence products, including reports, visual aids, and oral briefings.
- Provide support to investigators and management by understanding, preparing, and analyzing data for regular and ad-hoc reporting.
- Manipulate and prepare large volumes of claims data and analyze this data to identify emerging trends, and anomalies or unusual patterns requiring investigation.
- Identify insurance fraud risk in complex situations using a variety of analytical techniques and tools and contribute to the development of mitigation strategies.
- Produce non-standard and ad-hoc reports for stakeholders in the most effective manner possible.
- Live our values of Customer View; Integrity; Partnership; and Communities.
What you will bring:
- Degree or diploma in related discipline such as Social Sciences, Intelligence or Security Studies, Computer Science, or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Demonstrated excellence in creating insight from data.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a demonstrated experience working effectively in a team environment as well as independently.
- Well-developed planning and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks while meeting tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated analytical thinking and creative problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication/documentation skills.
- Ability to excel within a Purpose/Vision driven environment.
- Data manipulation skills – such as using SQL – are preferred.
- Strong knowledge of MS Access and Excel is preferred.
- Experience in providing tactical and strategic intelligence support is preferred.
- Experience with i2 Analyst Notebook or other link analysis application is preferred.
- Knowledge of Social Network Analysis is an asset.
- Knowledge of open source analysis tools and techniques is an asset.
- Knowledge of insurance fraud landscape and investigative techniques is an asset.
- Understanding of Group Insurance concepts and products is an asset.
Be your best at Canada Life- Apply today
We are one of Canada’s top 100 employers!
Canada Life serves the financial security needs of more than 13 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we’re one of Canada’s leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
Canada Life would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted