BCLC is hiring – Anti-Money Laundering Business Intelligence Analyst
Reporting to the Manager Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Intelligence, the AML Business Intelligence Analyst role is responsible for leading the development, implementation, maintenance and support of business intelligence and reporting solutions to the Corporate Security and Compliance division. The role utilizes a specialized understanding of business intelligence and data warehouse operating environments and related technologies in order to grow business intelligence capabilities and to ensure the integrity of the reporting data. As an expert in business intelligence, the role is a consultative partner to both internal (within BCLC); providing education, guidance and recommendation for improvement and to external stakeholders (service providers, vendors and regulatory bodies).
- Develops predictive analytic capabilities within Corporate Security and Compliance division through the socialization and dissemination of best-practices, and the creation and maintenance of data models for new solution development in support of the dynamic business needs.
- Develops relevant processes, procedures, and standards within a diverse Business Intelligence environment in order to drive performance and program improvement.
- Consults and influences business stakeholders to proactively add value, understand their needs and to be able to clearly communicate this direction to internal team members. This will require the clear presentation of complex concepts to an executive audience.
- Creates conceptual, logical and physical data models for new solution development in support of the business needs.
- Maintains an oversight of the overall model suite to ensure consistency, accuracy and repeatability.
- Work with Business Transformation to ensure data models are fully documented and appropriate data dictionaries are created.
- Creates data standards to support the predictive analytic team, and ensure adherence to the standards. This may include direct influence over source data and campaign standards.
- Liaises with and provides communication to key stakeholders, ensuring clarity and awareness of strategies and objectives for business intelligence analysis.
- Conduct research through open source intelligence to provide products to support customer needs.
- Prepare AML weekly/monthly/quarterly dashboards and reports for internal and external clients.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
Education and Experience
- A Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS) or equivalent qualification or working towards CAMS certification.
- A degree in criminology, information technology, math, economics, business or a related discipline;
- Completion of a Forensic Science Technology Program with a specialization in Crime and Intelligence or an Advanced Specialty Certificate in crime and Intelligence would be an asset;
- 4-6 years related experience in leading the development of business intelligence solutions within a diverse business technology environment;
- An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered
- Excellent working knowledge of i2 Analyst Notebook, iBase, i2 WorkStation, ESRI ArcGIS 9.3 with the ESRI Crime Analyst Extension;
- Strong knowledge of related software applications, such as MSOffice and Adobe;
- Strong problem-solving, and business acumen;
- Demonstrated success in developing and supporting business intelligence applications;
- Knowledge of the methodologies used in gathering and analyzing business requirements for predictive model generation;
- Excellent analytical ability, a strong understanding of analytical concepts and well developed creative problem solving skills;
- Demonstrated knowledge of data analysis and success in designing reporting solutions, including but not limited to dashboards, portals, and report objects;
- Advanced communication skills, both written and oral with the ability to develop technical documentation and to explain complex information in an effective manner;
- Ability to act on own initiative, to exercise sound judgment and to prioritize tasks;
- Ability to work with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail;
- Excellent interpersonal, time management, multi-tasking and organizational skills.
Please Note: This opportunity will remain open until a qualified candidate pool has been established.
Please Note: Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada.