BCIT’s Forensic Science & Technology program invites applications for a regular, full-time Technician III position. The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting in the activities of the accredited forensic DNA laboratory, assisting in the departmental research activities, preparation of forensic laboratory sessions and mock crime scene scenarios running within the academic programs, assisting the program coordinators in operational matters of the department, quality assurance, repair and maintenance of laboratory equipment, and other related duties.
WHAT THIS POSITION HAS TO OFFER:
- A generous Total Compensation package which includes extended health and dental benefits and a competitive pension plan.
- Professional Development Funds and opportunities for career development.
- Tuition waivers for BCIT courses.
- Subsidized parking and fitness facilities.
- Wellness and Employee Assistance programs.
- Bachelor of Science in Biological Science or Molecular Biology and/or a degree in forensic science is desirable.
- Four years of related work experience in a laboratory setting, preferably in the area of forensic biology. Experience working in an accredited laboratory setting an asset.
- Computing skills (Microsoft Office, databasing, etc.) an asset.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently.
Closing Date: 09-29-2017