Forensic Technology Advisor-Trace Evidence (FLI-FSLT-03)
Royal Canadian Mounted Police – Civilian Members
$67,565 to $82,200
For further information on the organization, please visit Royal Canadian Mounted Police
Closing date: 31 March 2017 – 23:59, Pacific Time
Who can apply: Persons residing in Canada and Canadian citizens residing abroad.
1. Conducting routine and complex forensic analysis, assessing results and reporting of findings in writing;
2. Planning and conducting quality control activities on completed forensic analysis;
3. Maintaining, calibrating, operating,, monitoring, and troubleshooting scientific instruments and equipment;
4. Planning and participating in the development of new analytical methodology;
5. Preparing reagents for laboratory analyses;
6. Presenting expert testimony in court on exhibit handling, continuity and analyses;
7. Assisting in training of laboratory personnel in the areas of analytical technology and instrumentation;
8. Acting as resource person for analytical methods and reviews the works of others.
9. Maintaining large forensic sample collections and databases.