Cybersecurity analysts study network traffic data from intelligence databases and ancillary sources in support of national security goals, concerns and strategies. They use their understanding of Internet architecture and protocols, malware, packet structure and network vulnerabilities to profile network activity, detect patterns and trends in intrusion techniques and practices, and identify the sources of network intrusions. They prepare descriptive and predictive analyses and communicate the results, meaning and significance in the form of oral or written reports. They may participate in the evaluation of tools and creation of customized methodologies and applications.
Permanent positions, with a one (1) year probation period.
UNI 07 from $73,850 to $86,881 per year.
These positions may be eligible for market allowance for $7,960.80 per year
The salary and market allowance are under review.
Applicants should have all of the following:
- a background in technology (such as a university degree in computer science or computer engineering, or equivalent experience);
- an in-depth understanding of cybersecurity issues and fundamental Internet architecture and protocols;
- network security skills such as packet, vulnerability, or exploit analysis;
- research and report-writing skills; and
- a demonstrated interest in international affairs (e.g., international relations, strategic studies, international development).
Who Can Apply
Canadian citizens who can qualify for a Top Secret security clearance conforming to CSE’s standards.
Candidates must have no criminal record.
The screening process involves a security interview, a polygraph test, a psychological assessment, and a background investigation covering a minimum of your last 10 years history, including credit and financial verifications.
Ongoing substance abuse is a factor to be assessed as part of your screening process.
Why join CSE?
- CSE has been named among the top employers in the National Capital Region
- Attractive compensation and benefits package (insurances, pension)
- State-of the art new building, encouraging collaboration, agility and innovation
- Flexible hours, compressed work week
- Complimentary on-site 24/7 fitness centre, and access to fitness classes for a minimal fee
- Nearby access to banking, daycare, shopping, movies etc.
- Access to exceptional career development opportunities
For more information and how to apply, see the full posting here.