Let’s Make our Workplace Active!
HUB Bike to Work Week | Oct 28 – Nov 3, 2013 | btww.ca
Want to get fit, save money and have fun? Join thousands across Metro Vancouver and sign up for the fall HUB Bike to Work Week to track your commutes and win prizes. Visit a HUB commuter station for free coffee, bicycle tune-ups and daily giveaways! The BCIT Commuter Station is at the corner of Canada Way and Willingdon, Wed Oct 30 from 7 – 9 am.
Reasons to register for Bike to Work Week:
- Stay healthy: your commute can save you time and money at the gym.
- Enjoy a faster and more enjoyable commute: less traffic lights and congestion.
- Be energized for work: exercise naturally releases endorphins that give you a boost.
- Win prizes! There are tons of great prizes up for grabs.
- Make your commute count: there is power in numbers – the more people registered, the stronger the voice we have to call for improvements.
- Strengthen your workplace community: share your routes or bike with teammates.
How to register for Bike to Work Week:
- Go to btww.ca and sign up for free
- Enter your user information
- Then join the BCIT team!
- Map your route and note the new capability to have a multi-leg trip (like biking to the Skytrain and again on the other side), as well as the new info. markers that allow you to mark important points on the way to work.
- Log your route every day you ride. This will track your kms, GHGs, and calories, and enter you in draws to win fabulous prizes, including new bikes. Logging your route helps HUB: Your Cycling Connection understand where people are cycling so we can encourage more cycling safety and infrastructure in the region.
- Stop by a commuter station on your ride to work – the HUB Bike to Work Week team will be waiting with hot drinks, bike mechanics, prizes, and smiles!
New or returning to cycling? No worries! Learn everything you need to know for a safe and convenient bike commute by hosting a HUB Workplace Cycling Workshop over your lunch hour or by signing up for an upcoming HUB Streetwise Cycling Course!