10.15.2010– Vancouver, BC—Discovery Parks kicked off its first annual Generator competition today, which will which will award up to 5,000 square feet of premium, turn-key workspace to early-stage technology companies that demonstrate the most potential through a solid business plan.
“British Columbia’s knowledge economy has the potential to secure our future prosperity,” says Mark Betteridge, Executive Director and CEO of Discovery Parks. “Generator was created to invest in the next big, made-in-BC tech companies and to help innovators move their inventions from the bench to the marketplace. The best way to do that is to give promising technology companies a launching pad to make their ideas reality.”
Early-stage technology companies are eligible to apply to Generator until November 26, 2010. Qualifying companies are invited to submit a business plan that provides a credible business concept and development strategy for the next three years. In addition, successful applicants will also have previously secured sufficient financing for the next 12 months.
The winning companies will be announced on December 17, 2010 and will each receive up to 1,500 sq. ft. of workspace equipped with desks, chairs, internet connectivity and a VOIP phone in offices and/or cubicles for one year at no cost. Generator is presented in association with the City of Vancouver. More information is available at www.generatorchallenge.com.
About Discovery Parks
Established by the Province of British Columbia 30 years ago, Discovery Parks designs and builds commercialization and research facilities for the benefit of British Columbia. Discovery Parks’ tenants are leading edge technology companies in the business of improving the world we live in, most of which have originated from post-secondary academic research.
Name: Iris Dias
Ask a Question or Add Your Comment
- News Facts
- Generator is open to early-stage technology companies in Vancouver.
- To compete, companies must submit a business plan demonstrating their concept and strategy.
- The deadline for submissions to the Generator competition is November 26, 2010.
- Winners will get up to 1,500 sq. ft. of fully equipped technology workspace at Discovery Parks Vancouver.
- Established 30 years ago by the Province of British Columbia, Discovery Parks has been home to over 130 companies in the business of improving the world we live in.
- Resource Links
- BC Innovation Council
- BC Technology Industries Association
- Discovery Parks
- Generator Website
- Vancouver Economic Development
- Generator, Discovery parks, technology, British Columbia, contest, start-ups, Vancouver, tech business, innovation
Share this Social Media Release
- Short URL: