British Columbia Rapid Transit Company Ltd. (BCRTC) maintains and operates two of Metro Vancouver’s three SkyTrain lines on behalf of TransLink, the regional transportation authority. Launched in 1986, SkyTrain is the first and one of the longest, fully-automated, driverless, rapid transit systems in the world. It boasts an average on-time service performance rating of 95 per cent and moves on average 250,000 passengers per weekday.
Education and Experience
The requirements for this job are acquired through a diploma in Occupational Health & Safety, or a related discipline, complemented by course work in accident causation, trending and analysis, statistics, video imaging clarifying, and digitizing analog signals, plus four (4) years of related experience in the field of Occupational Health and Safety, the insurance industry, or safety regulatory capacity.
- Strong statistics and analytical skills to support analysis of injury claims, costs, and vehicle accidents
- Strong technical skills and experience with video production & editing
- Solid knowledge of the principles and practices of Occupational Health and Safety
- Solid interpersonal skills to engage with all levels of management, as well as WSBC, and other stakeholders
- Strong skills in standard office software and proficiency in other specialized software applications
- Strong graphical presentation and reporting skills
Work Schedule: 40 hours per week.
How to Apply:
Please click the ‘Apply’ button at the bottom of the page or go to http://www.translink.ca/careers to apply for this position and view instructions on the process.
Instructions: Please save your (1) cover letter, and your (2) resume as one pdf document prior to uploading your application on-line.
Closing Date: April 23, 2017
Please note that only those short listed will be contacted.
Having trouble applying? Please view the System Requirements & FAQ’s by going to http://www.translink.ca/careers.